recent posts...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How to make Duck Tape Flowers

I have had requests for a tutorial of my Duck Tape flowers. Finally getting around to it.

When I was at SNAP the Duck Tape representatives had a display of flowers and some of the prettiest tape I have ever seen.

When I returned home I knew I was going to play with my little stash. I wanted to come up with something a little different. I have to warn you. This is not a conventional tutorial. I literally sat on my tufted sofa and wrapped tape around my finger till I came up with something I liked.

I cut the tape around 11/2" I used 10.



I did this one at a time. I put print side down and folded one corner in so the sticky side stuck together.


Fold the other side in to match. It should make a point,


Then the weird part starts. I begin to wrap my finger. Two pieces facing each other and wrapped around finger.


Those points stay straight up on the two, Do the same with 4 more being taped around in a square. Bend tips out then wrap around. Do 4 more alternating points in the bare spaces.


When complete roll a little piece and tick in center. I then used a scissor to cut slits up stem part to take off finger. I hope you are still following this! I told you it was different!

I used my flower to wrap around the center of my flip flops but you can use these for so many things.
Go take a look HERE!

What would you do with one or more?


I think it is a fun summer project.



6 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Cute! Who would of thought you could do that all with duck tape.
Years ago (20 years)a young girl came in to eat where I worked and I asked her about her cute purse she had ~ she told me she made it out of duck tape ~ that was before all the pretty colors came out.
Boy it's come a long way!!!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

My father once duct taped my brothers mouth shut. Somehow, I think this is a much more human way of using duct tape. ;)

Bliss said...

Ha ha, just read the comment above mine. I guess flowered tape would be to tape girls mouth's shut!

Bliss

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Deneen, I'm going to keep my eye out for some pretty duct tape. I could use some of those cute flowers on a lot of my crafts!

mail4rosey said...

They're just as cute as can be!

Little Miss Maggie said...

These are so cute. They are fun for summer and would really dress up any package.