recent posts...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Pottery Barn Inspired Boo Luminary


Last week I was looking at Pottery Barn when I decided to paint my Pumpkin Pillow. 

While I was there I saw this Boo Luminary.

pottery barn




That is when I remembered that I got a great little tool when I attended SNAP.

I spoke with a representative from Floracraft, Sharon, and she sent it to me.


This wand heats up and melts the Styrofoam you are using so you can get creative with it!

I think this tool is great! You can do so much with it. I see using this again in my future!

That got me thinking when I seen this $89 ceramic pumpkin.

I got my trusty lucky Styrofoam Dollar Store Pumpkin that I love!!
I have so many projects with these!

I painted it to match the coral color that was on my birdcage chandelier since I wanted  it on my mantle.


After the wand got hot I started cutting out my letters and I also cut a hole on the bottom of the pumpkin.
This is great for carving these pumpkins!


This is the opening for the battery operated candle


I added the pumpkin to a thrift store painted wooden planter and turned the candle on


Another Dollar Store save! These would look great outside too!

Do I have you thinking?

I love how it glows!

BOO!



If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments:

Denny1600 said...

Cute and creative!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Denny!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I love how it turned out ... and now I want one of those styrofoam cutter thingys too!!!

:) Linda

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I like yours better! I am coveting that cool tool!

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

I agree with Danni ...yours looks great!

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

Awww...I want one of those!