recent posts...

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pottery Barn Inspired Pumpkin Pillow

It must be the time of year.

The time of year I like to do Pottery Barn knock offs.

The last time I did one was for Halloween. 

This one is a little different. I wanted something fallish for the living room. I have to be careful with the color orange since my coral color can clash with it. This was just a touch so it worked.

I love painting on pillows. I did one for Easter here.

When I was perusing the Pottery Barn Catalog this year, this popped up.

Pottery Barn


I loved this design. Just a simple pumpkin.

I had a plain taupe pillow cover that made it perfect to paint on.


I think it is just right. The dimensions of mine are bigger and the paint and design is a little different, but it works for me.

I put a feathered insert in the pillow slip for some weight and fluffiness.

Then I went crazy looking for a place to put it.
WHY?!!!

Why am I crazy like that?

The family thinks I am and I do wonder from time to time.

A lot of effort goes into just placing the dang thing! lol


I think this chair might be the place of rest.

Do you get inspired by what you see in stores? I love a beautiful store and beautiful catalog.
Pottery Barn has both!


and with a little paint and brush, I can enjoy a little piece of it!

Happy Fall!!!

If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:



FEATURED ON
KNOCKOFF DECOR!
linked to
Paint Party FridayRelated Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Savvy Southern Style

23 comments:

Irene Helms Designs said...

Love this pumpkin pillow! I never would have thought about painting a pillow, but it's beautiful!
Irene

Anonymous said...

Great job, and beautifully placed!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT!! Awesome job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Deneen! I wish I had your talent, but since I don't I copied Yvonne at Stone Gable and just bought the placemats at the PB outlet and made two of them into pillows. They did have napkins with just the pumpkin for us non-artistic types, too. : )

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

you did so great!! very beautiful indeed

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Love your painted pumpkin pillow for a pop of orange- you did a great job!

Sara said...

It looks so good!
and a funny side note, I saw your Manet book. Believe it or not Joey and I spent an hour at a cemetery in Paris looking for Jim Morrison. I had the wrong one. Either way, I did see Manet's burial spot :) LOL

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love it Deneen! You are a pretty talented painter..I'm pretty sure I could not do such a great job!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Just beautiful! I like yours better than the PB one!!

Deserae said...

Your knock off pillow turned out wonderful!!! You are very talented :o) Have a great weekend!!!
~Des

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous knock off!!!I must say also that I adore the chair it's sitting on. We have a lot of Victorian inspired chairs and such in our home-always loved the furnishings from that era. Happy PPF!

Tracey FK said...

great work on the knock off... I like yours much more than the original...xx

Tammie Dickerson said...

What a wonderful idea! I love this - I want to go out and paint a pumpkin pillow for my own home! Beautiful!

rush said...

i love it when you find something expensive that you like and are able to copy it. perhaps you might look at ballard designs...they are really expensive, but you might have fun looking. you can dream...

Netty said...

I love your pumpkin pillow, it looks fab. Happy PPF, Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Giggles said...

Gorgeous, and yours looks like a unique original not the copy....I think the need for things to be placed just so, is the artist within...I am always inspired by stores,catalogs, google searches...I always like ambiance when I go the restaurant! It's all about the artist within... Wonderful job!!

Hugs Giggles

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Deneen, I love your pillow that you painted! I'm going to try this on an old outdoor pillow that I have. No harm done if it doesn't turn out!

JKW said...

I love the painting on the pillow. Great art. I used foil on fabric at one point. Blessings, Janet PPF

Christine said...

visiting from PPF! This is so unusual and so nice!

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a gorgeous pillow and design. Love this :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! I love it!

last minute lynn said...

Your painted pillow is wonderful. I was wondering what kind of paint you used. Thanks.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Lynn it is acrylic.