recent posts...

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Painted Side Table

Love painting but sometimes I get in a rut.
I think it is because artists need time to refuel to be creative.
Blizzard 2016 seen to that for me. 

We closed for two weeks in January to get ready for the new year. We do inventory,shop and pick, and redesign. Needless to say, it is NOT a vacation. The blizzard that hit my home was only 5-8 inches. That is huge for these parts though.
It kept me home bound long enough to rest my bones.
It also helped me envision my year and shoot for some new goals.


This is one of my first projects I finished for 2016.

I have been painting furniture for years. Sometimes I think there is no way I can think up another way to reinvent the wheel.
All the colors to work with. I still get sick of using the same ones. 

Then a new piece comes in and it gives you inspiration to think of another way to be creative.


Then with new fall colors I just got in and new knobs to try, I came up with something fresh!

I mixed colors of red and teal. {Dreamingincolor Dudley's Bandanna and Aurora}
I used the carvings of the piece to dictate the flow of the strokes and how I wanted the colors to blend.


I wanted it distressed.


I love how different it is. I used two different bird knob for the drawers and played with the patine of the rest of the piece.

Glad to still have another idea in the head of mine.
Ha!

This is why I love teaching people too. I think teaching them how to paint is so rewarding. I can then see what they come up with and get inspired all over again..


Now I have a few more to do to get stocked back up. 
Lots a new products coming in too!!

If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous Deneen!

srpprcrftr said...

Have never seen a waterfall table like that one, very unusual but very nice, love the style. What area do you live in? I have a waterfall chif-a-robe I bought when we lived outside Bowling Green, Ky. We still use it for our main dresser,is a good size maybe about 6'high.
Hubs put shelves in wardrobe side to have more storage. i painted it white little while after I bought it as some of veneer on the curved part of top was coming up. Had no idea how to fix it so glued then painted it. It has a crack on both sides in middle we need to address soon (hopefully this Spring) then have plans to paint it a pretty coral color or apple green then paint walls coral. Have to be sure not too pinky coral. Don't think hubs would appreciate a pinky room.
Was going to paint room/furniture last summer but right shoulder was being very hateful, right arm also so had to wait. According to surgeon shoulder had just worn out.
Had right shoulder replaced on Dec. 7th. so am working on getting arm to work better and be able to lift it, good old physical therapy, not fun.
Love colors you painted your table. How exciting about your store, imagine your store keeps you super busy and redoing pieces to stock it. How do you h ave time to keep up your blog and all that also?
We've had our snow and it's been melting as temps are in high 30's and sometimes 40's. Supposed to have more snow this weekend and heavy snow on Monday. We'll see what really happens, I believe what I see when it happens.
WE live on western side of continental divide, few miles west of Grand Junction, CO.
Keep up good work and enjoy yourself, glad you had that time during the blizzard to rest some, imagine you really needed it.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Carol. Love getting comments. Miss you

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

So happy to hear from you. I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I have been pretty busy with the store but love keeping in touch with my blog friends. Hope you are feeling better now. Look forward to talking to you again.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

So happy to hear from you. I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I have been pretty busy with the store but love keeping in touch with my blog friends. Hope you are feeling better now. Look forward to talking to you again.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Carol. Love getting comments. Miss you

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

What a fun color combo! And such a unique piece too. I would love for you to link it up to our Friday's Furniture Fix Link Party--live now! Thanks :)

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun makeover! I love that little bird perched on the front of the top drawer, looks like he's ready to take flight! Looks like taking time to "simmer" paid off!