recent posts...

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Italian Carved Chair {Country Chic Paint}

If you have been around here long, you know I love French and Italian furniture. All the curves and carvings are perfect! It is a furniture painters candy.

When I came across this Italian carved chair my first thought was, "I am keeping this for myself!"
Unfortunately, it did not go in my living room and I didn't want to touch the perfect upholstery.

I knew exactly how I wanted to paint it. I used my layering technique. It is the same technique I used on this dresser.

I wanted the Italian carved chair to show all of its lovely details. Needless-to-say, I fell in love with it all over again. What do you think?



It took only two colors to achieve this look.




I layered Country Chic Elegance and Vanilla Frosting. I use these colors a lot.
When I finished layering I sanded and added light and dark wax. I use the dark wax to enhance the piece by giving it depth.


I even brushed lightly over the upholstery tacks. To me, it looked more authentic.

One of my special customers went home with this beauty.
Am I weird that I feel better when I know the person that gets the pieces I want?

It just makes me feel better about giving it up.

Thank God for pictures! I can always go back and drool a little. Ha!


Every now and again you come across a special piece. This one gets on the list.

Would you put it on yours?

Oh and I only had one winner come forth! So I will now choose another. Please email me with your address.

Congratulations! 

Danni Baird


If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Just beautiful Deneen!!

Petit Design Co. said...

This is gorgeous! What a lucky customer

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Well it's my lucky day! I thought maybe I had won that gorgeous chair! I'll be happy with the gift card though! Thank you Deneen!

Unknown said...

This turned out beautiful Deneen - LOVE !

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Beautiful chair, Deneen.
Congrats to Danni, too!