recent posts...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Shabby Chic picture Frames

I had a wonderful weekend enjoying the beauty of fall. The trees are turning and winter will soon peek its little head out. Christmas is in the stores before we can even "Give Thanks" at Thanksgiving! To me there is one little thing that says fall all over it.

Pinecones! They dress up mantles and get filled in vases. Some even get painted.

Mine got cut! Many many pieces of pine cones.

I recently purchased some antique frames that I painted and distressed. I added some pine cone flowers to decorate the corner. I think these will make a great gift. For Christmas maybe I will tie a red velvet ribbon around the frame to hang it from.


I painted some old frames in old white and waxed and distressed them

I added flower pine cones to the frames


I even made some small ones to go with the large one
Frames are always a great gift. This just has that little somethin'

I think it is a great project to do for Christmas but any time will do! A gift for any occasion!


MakingMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyBeyond The Picket Fence

8 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

LOVE this, Deneen!! I wish we had pine trees in my yard. I may have to break down and buy some cones. I absolutely adore this! I might need a tutorial... Pinning!

Unknown said...

I can remember doing something like this as a kid. I think it was in Brownies except we attached the pine cone flowers to construction paper. ?? Can't remember. Don't have as many pine trees around here anymore. People cut them down and plant palms and such. I like the idea of the red ribbon too. I see velvet. Nice post!

Stacey said...

Wow, I don't know why I've never seen this idea of pinecone flowers before! They are amazing and LOOK amazing on those great frames!! Thank for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow I love how they turned out. How did you make the pinecone flowers?

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another fantabulous idea Miss Deneen....love it! I can see these with old photos of folks (I call "instant relatives") dressed in winter garb. Too cool!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Stacey@Three French Hens said...

Hope these are coming in the store--so ADORABLE ! Love em !

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

Seriously, Deneen! Cut it out! This is WAY TOO CUTE!

Debbie@refreshrestyle said...

They look great! Love the old white!
Debbie