recent posts...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Paper Christmas Trees


What a great way to say Happy Holidays or in the case "Hollydays"!

This is an easy project that would make a great Christmas decoration or gift.

I took three clay pots and painted them with chalk paint. 
Cut foam to fit inside. 
Placed a wooden skewer in the center.
Cut squares of Hymnals in graduated sizes and poked pages to the top.
Added green moss and snow to cover foam.

My idea was to find a holly graphic from The Graphics Fairy and transfer the image to the pot.



You could use any image. Karen always has the best ones. The are so many to choose from. I liked the vintage Santa too.  Just modpodge and use printed image print side down on pot and rub really well. Thats it! peel up and the calk paint absorbs the image right away.

I used a sharpie and hand wrote "Happy Hollydays" on the other trees pots.

I think these would look cute on a fireplace mantel.

I love quick easy projects like this!

What image would you try?



5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

my mom literally just dropped some of these off to me so i could take to the barn! LOVE it!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

These are so pretty, Deneen! They would look fabulous on the mantel. :)

ileana said...

What a wonderful project!! now I want to make mine too :-) thank you for sharing the idea, have a nice day!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! These are so fun and easy. You will love it!

Organized Island said...

Those trees are so cute! I pinned them :)