recent posts...

Friday, April 26, 2013

Carved Dining Table

This is the rest of the story. The dining table to go with the carved chairs.

The table was huge so we decided it would be best if I just painted it in their home. If you are just joining this story, a couple that found my blog commissioned me to paint their dining room set.

I debated on painting the top or not. Once I got there I knew I would leave the top wood. I felt the space needed the warmth of the wood since there were already painted pieces in there.


These were the chairs I painted. I had the clients remove the cushions.

When they were done I delivered them to their house when I was ready to paint the table.


The carving would be highlighted with a dry brush technique and multiple colors.


And there were lots of carving under the table.


As soon as the paint hits it it is transformed.


I used Annie Sloan Paris Gray and Old White with clear and dark wax.


Look how everything stands out now



So much better! Now the cushions have to be covered to make this complete. And did you notice what is up against the wall.

That is my french hutch!


She did a great job styling it. She even added an Edison bulb to the inside light.

Can't wait to get an updated picture with the chairs covered! With the addition of the painted table, the dining room just stood out. Loved it.

Let's connect below!

20 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW! what a stunning table! it's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Gutsy move for those people! Wow!

I can't help but to wonder what your back felt like trying to get under there and paint those pedestals! LMAO

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Oh Deneen! That set is JUST gorgeous!! Love it!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh Deneen ~ you did a wonderful job!!!!
That table and chair sets are Gorgeous!!! I love how you left the top as is ~ really makes it stand out!!!
I bet they were very Happy!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

MacGIRLver said...

Absolutely beautiful! Good work!

Faye (MacGIRLver)

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful work! No wonder they commissioned you to do their dining room table which is now an heirloom piece for their family.
: 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

Irene Helms Designs said...

Absolutely lovely!
Irene

Thistle Cove Farm said...

great job with the table!

srpprcrftr said...

What a job, you did so great, it's gorgeous, all of it. Lots of works huh? Looking forward to seeing the chairs with seats. Happy Weekend

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

It's just fabulous !!!! I love the contrast of colors !

Unknown said...

Amazing transformation. I'm sure your client is thrilled. Blessings, Patti

Anonymous said...

That turned out gorgeous, you've done a lovely job!

Unknown said...

WOW - over the top right out of the ball park GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
And the chairs are perfection
Beautiful job!
XOX

KatBell said...

Very nice. I really love the dry brushing technique. This table is amazing.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deneen,
The chairs and table turned out fabulous. I love it and the top looks gorgeous with the dry brushed bottom. I too use this technique and love how it can transform a piece. Your hutch looks great with everything too.
I bet these folks were so happy to find you through blogland.
What kind of paint did you use?

Have a great week. Happy Designing.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Eclectically Vintage said...

You did an amazing job - they must be thrilled!!
Kelly

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great table. I love the whole set. You did an incredible job.

Juanita said...

Gorgeous!! I have a couple of questions... Did you put the gray down first, or the white? Also, Did you wax the base of the table at all?

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

@juanita grey first and I waxed it!

Home Stars said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.