recent posts...

Friday, July 19, 2013

Succulent Purse Centerpiece

Finally a plant that survives my lack of watering skills.

I love fresh flowers and plants but sometimes I forget to water them.

I know.....don't judge!

These beautiful succulents store water so they don't need to be watered so often. This works great for me!
I love moss projects and I have done a few like my moss cover letters and birds, but this one is my favorite! A beautiful Succulent Purse Centerpiece!







Succulents are all the rage right now but I remember growing up with these all over the yard.

People used to plant them everywhere. We called the flower looking one chicken and hens. The technical term is Sempervivum 
this means live forever.

See I told you.........my kind of plant.


It amazes me that this monochromatic look is so pleasing with its textures and shapes. I really love all the green! The colors change though with light and temperature. Look at all the babies! They reproduce the first two years and then the main plant dies off. They will shoot out a long center stem before they die.


Adding these beautiful plants to a moss covered purse just added that something extra to top off a table.

I absolutely love the way this project turned out. I will enjoy this for a long time. I think it would make a great gift for any occasion too.



A summertime centerpiece that can be carried indoors for the rest of the year. I say that's a win, win!

Stay tuned to see how to make it! You won't believe it!
(thinking outside the box again) ;)

Update: Complete Tutorial HERE!


If you would like to keep up with Dreamingincolor
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...linking to 
Inspiration Cafe
Savvy Southern Style

18 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Deneen, this is so cool! You are right the textures and colors are so pleasing to the eye and I'm all for anything that is hard to kill!

Unknown said...

Well this is amazing Deneen - absolutely amazing - can't wait to see how you did this!!!
XOX

Carmenann said...

Stunning!!!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Love the way this looks. It's funny, I kill at least 1 of every two succulents I plant. You're a better woman than I.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

very cool! I need some sempervivum plants too

Katie said...

This is so dang cool! I love the little purse!

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love this idea. Those purse forms are so expensive and you are right, succulents need very little water. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I've always wanted to try some moss projects. Off to check those other posts out.

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

That's so creative and stunning. I admired succulents this year at the garden center but didn't buy any and have been kicking myself ever since.

Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

Oh my goodness that is amazing!!! I need plants like that too! xx Nat

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

So creative!

Carmenann said...

This is the prettiest arrangement ever!

Sew Can Do said...

This is so unique & pretty! Would love to feature this next week - if you could add my party to your link section, I'd be happy to. If you do just let me know so I can share it. Thanks for linking up to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do!

Karren Haller said...

I am seeing so many ways to use succulents, this is SO CUTE!!

Thanks for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week!
Hope you have a great week!
Karren

Beverly @Across the Blvd said...

This is really pretty and it's definitely an eye catcher. It would make a lovely gift. Pinned and Tweeted. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Unknown said...

How clever! Succulents are my kid of plant as well. The fact that you can't really kill them bodes well for my brown thumb. Thanks so much for sharing this with us on #shinebloghop!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks