recent posts...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mixing It Up

Funny when you look at pictures you see so much more. I read the other day that a woman takes pictures of herself right before she leaves the house so she can make sure she looks good (she doesn't trust mirrors) not a bad idea maybe I should try it!  Now that I am older I am lucky enough to remember to brush my hair before I leave never mind taking a picture. LOL

One of the things I did notice is that my bedroom is already kinda valentine-y.  Sounds corny but its true.  Its a mix of traditional and contemporary with a splash of romantic. I think everyone needs a space to clear their mind and breathe. This is that space for me. 
I love the pops of red against the black and beige.  The tray has a few special items including pictures of the loves of my life, my children(when they were young). This is the room I come up with all my ideas for my artwork. There is something about laying my head down at night that makes my mind race. It is one of those things that is a blessing and a curse.

The blessing is it has kept me in the creative business! I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't play with colors and ideas. Some inspire and some just add a little warmth to someones life. This painting was one of those things.
Peace and love....we could all use some of that!  So if you would like to order one of these 6x6 paintings just email me. They are $28 plus shipping and handling. Hopefully I will get these custom order paintings and others in an online store soon. I need to manage my time and set a goal. Till then if you are looking for something different for your Valentine let me know.

No comments: