recent posts...

Friday, January 21, 2011

Dreaming In Color

Wow! This is my first attempt to begin a blog. I am excited to start something new.  I am an artist. Color and design are a passion of mine.  I love all things beautiful. You can say I am a romantic with spunk! My blog will be an array of all the things that inspire me. I don't consider myself a writer but I do enjoy being creative. So bare with me as I take you on my journey. Please stop by anytime and share your thoughts and inspirations with me.

Gray days! Yuk! Winter brings out the dulldroms. I have been in the house way to long and the winter storms seem to keep coming. Christmas is packed away only to reveal a dull color palette in my home.  So I started in my dining room. It was a little dark and dreary so I decided to add so color to brighten my day. I should have taken a before picture. This is what I came up with that started me on a decorating frenzy for Valentine's Day.
I started with things around the house because it is too cold to go shopping to buy something. I like to be creative anyway. I found my pink depression glass I had in a hutch and started to decorate the table. I wanted it to look romantic. I added the champagne glasses from my wedding (25 years ago). I looked around for napkin holders that would go with the vignette but no such luck. I had to think up something. I had an old broken bracelet with heart charms I added to some ribbon. I think it was just the right touch.
This changed my mood so I came up with a few more things for around the house.



I made the heart on the door from red felt I had lying around and continued to make some felt posies for these cute little vases. It worked! It brightened up the house and I feel better.

No comments: