recent posts...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Vintage Wreath

I love vintage cards and decorations. I have an array of tastes and styles that appeal to me. There is something about the craftsmanship and artwork of the old stuff. I stumbled upon a vintage wreath as I was surfing the internet.  I discovered a Halloween wreath which I really loved from William-Sonoma. I think the cost was $39.95 plus shipping. Of course I thought I could do this myself and apply it to any holiday.


Since I decorated my dining room in a vintage style, with old pink depression glass for Valentine's Day, I figured I could incorporate this little ditty to the room. It was so simple to make and it didn't take much time to do.





I started out with a rough cut shape of a cardboard heart. I downloaded vintage Valentine's cards from from free sites and printed them out on cardstock. I think if I made this again I would mount the cardstock to a heavy paper or cardboard so it would raise up the art better. I hot glued ribbon I had in my craft closet to the outside of the heart.



I cut out the vintage cards and glued to the wreath leaving some of the ribbon showing.  I added the red satin ribbon to make the artwork pop a little more. The whole project cost around $6 and was a nice addition to the dining room.
the red makes it pop

my finished creation     

















No comments: