recent posts...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Easter Topiary

I want to start out by thanking all of you for all the sweet comments! I love every one of them! Please keep them coming! If you followed me another huge thank you! I also want to thank the several places that featured my work! Words cannot express how flattered I am that you thought I did a good job! This is a blast and I am enjoying every one of you! My blogs are usually short and sweet because I know everyone has busy lives and as much as I would love for you to hang here I know there are others to visit and a short time to do it in. So enjoy!

Now on to the blog!

I love topiaries but they are expensive in every store that I looked at . I wanted to get an Easter topiary for my fireplace mantel. So shopping I went! After a few tries I decided to make them. It was really quite simple. I started out with a Styrofoam cone, moss, dollar store greenery and Easter eggs.





I just love speckled eggs!



I started gluing the beaded greanery and moss to the cone. Adding the eggs where I thought it would look right. I burned several fingers...gotta love glue guns! When I was finished I placed it on the top of a candlestick holder for height.



Another quick and easy project to do! I might add a bow!



Now for the other side! I love spring!

Linking to
HouseofHepworths
Visit thecsiproject.com
giveaways

7 comments:

Bevelry said...

Deneen that is a lovely Easter topiary.. it looks very nice with the bunny

Ashley said...

Looks so classy!

Tammy @ Type A said...

it's gorgeous. i'm having a party today, i would love it if you shared this.

http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/03/anything-goes-party-8.html

Jennifer said...

Very cute! The candlestick adds a little elegance also! Visiting from the CSI Project. Oh, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find your speckled eggs. I was in search of them today (probably too late) for a wreath I'm making.
Jen
Scissors & SPatulas

Dar@live by the sun, luv by the moon said...

Coming to you via Sassy Sites. Good job. I'm looking for speckled eggs myself. Where did you locate yours?

Shelly said...

Your topiary turned out great! I really like your Easter vignette display.

Nicole @ The Wonderful World of Wohler said...

It turned out great, totally inspired me. I need to start my Easter crafts and this seems like the perfect thing to get me going!