recent posts...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Teenage Heartthrob Tote

We've all had one. You remember that special movie star or recording artist that we bought posters of to hang on our walls. They made us scream and some of us weep.

It might have been some like, Elvis, Bobby Sherman, Robert Redford, Peter Frampton, Usher, The Jonas Brothers for the guys Marilyn, Halle Berry, Madonna, Farrah or Bo Derek. I am sure there is one you remember.

This project was created for my daughter and her favorite-of the moment-hearthrob.

I had some extra material from my lamp redo (see right) and I saw a picture on the internet. I placed the material in the computer. I didn't tack it down I was experimenting but it worked. I ran the print and it printed right on the material.

I was so excited to see the finished product. I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought a canvas tote. I think it was 1.99. I stitched the fabric patch to the front of the tote and this is what I got.





I frayed the edges which gave it texture. My sewing wasn't that great but it was my first. I can see doing this with t-shirts pillows and more! This must be the most inexpensive project to date. If she doesn't read this first I will surprise her when she gets home from school!
I will probably make some for Christmas too!


Let me know your favorite heartthrob!

Project=Love!

Linking to
freckled laundry

8 comments:

Jenny @ Faith + Pearl said...

What a wonderful idea! I know she will love it. Thank you for being my newest follower! And now i am your's!! Love your blog

xoxo
jenny

Karen said...

That is tooo cute! I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Susie said...

Very clever idea!!! I have a teenager I wonder who she would want?
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I am following back!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love this tote...so neat! I'm now a follower:) Can't wait to see more!

Rondell

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

What an adorable idea! My favorite heartthrob is Leonardo DiCaprio (swoon)! Found you at the Newbie party, I'm your newest follower!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Did you actually put the fabric through your computer printer? Was it special "printer fabric"??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Warmly, Michelle

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a great idea. I'm sure she will love it. I have no idea who that guy is, lol! I have all boys. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, she will love it! Very cute. Thanks for linking with air your laundry Friday!

xoxo,
Jami
www.freckledlaundry.com