recent posts...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Barn Wood

There is just something about old barn wood! The rustic feel and the weathered look.

My sister-in-law and her husband brought me some old barn wood from there farm. I was so excited to use it for something creative.

 I wanted to make some sort of sign out of it.

I painted white letters to say "Antiques". I didn't want it to look professional. Something more hand done by the owner look.

I added some turquoise blue red and mustard paint to try and give it an old painted feel with layers.

Then I distressed it by sanding and marking through it with something sharp.






It really looks like it has been here for a while. Now to hang it somewhere. But where? Hmmmmm.....

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! you did a great job.

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on this! Oh how I wish I had some barn wood. BTW, thanks for following me and your comments on my blog! I'm your newest follower :-)

Unknown said...

I love barnwood and antiques, so of course I love this sign. Perfectly rustic too. Thanks for sharing.

zh911020 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.