recent posts...

Monday, April 16, 2012

Painted China Cabinet

I am doing a lot of cleaning out these days and getting projects finished! In the late summer I like to stock up on various pieces for the fall and winter months. By doing this it allows me to pick and paint what I want for the store. Some of my earlier pieces needed some work so I put them off. Now with spring here I want to clear out so I can start new and fresh.

This little china cabinet needed some love. It had a hole cut out of the back for a TV. My hubbie replace the wood for me so I could begin painting. The shelves went MIA and I was so glad to find them the other day. So there was no excuse!


This is what I started with after he fixed the back. I took this pic at night sorry.

I don't know about you all but it takes me awhile to come up with paint color. I have to stare at it awhile.

I decided on Duck Egg and Old White with some dry brushing and distressing.

I painted the shelves Duck Egg and the back ot the inside with Old White. I actually kept the knob!


I used the Old white to highlight some of the details. I also used it to dry brush.


You can see it better in this close up!

 Love the distressing around the knob!!!


The inside finished and ready for some decorative items.





Placed it in the kitchen and added some color!



Another amazing transformation with paint!

I want to thank Kim Too Much Time on My Hands for featuring my Paint Stick Flag and Utensil Draw Organizer! So Sorry I forgot to mention it!!

Also I want to thank Claire from Bless My Nest for featuring my Nesting Bird Table!!!

Thank you ALL!! It is always a thrill!!



Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful! i love the color and finish!

outjunking said...

Perfection! Those old china cabinets all look better with a coat of paint. You did a really good job high lighting with the dry brush.

Debbiedoos said...

It is gorgeous Deneen. I love the color.

Anne said...

That is really pretty! I never thought about drybrushing over the color with white, its a nice look and i;ll try it out!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

This is the first piece of furniture I used this technique on. I will definitely try it again!

Lissa said...

Oh my - so beautiful and dreamy - love it!

chateau chic said...

Your cabinet is so pretty. You used one of my favorite colors.
I'm happy to be a new follower and hope you'll stop by.
Mary Alice

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a pretty cabinet with a fresh new look!