recent posts...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chalkboard Art



I love art of any kind! I have been intrigued lately by chalkboard art. I have seen it on the blogs, in stores and now in OPRAH"S magazine.

Dana Tanamachi was the cover artist for the magazine and she has several other's she has done.



Here is one she did in Turquoise!

If you were here yesterday I showed you my latest chalkboard project. I used a painting technique to change a gold plastic frame to a stone look.

So after being mesmerized by the beautiful typography of this powdered art, I decided to let this be my inspiration!



I wanted somewhat of a menu board so I thought this would work perfectly

I used some color chalk and good ole white







I did it all by hand with no patterns. I wanted it to look free hand....not perfect

I thought it was fun and I will probably do more in the future!

Have you tried some art on your chalkboards?

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!







3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I think your chalkboard looks great! And I love the idea of elevating chalkboards to pieces of art, even if they do eventually get erased!

Roisin said...

Really, REALLY cute. You did a great job. Love your lettering and designs.

Miss Gracie's House said...

I REALLY like chalkboard art...so whimsical..yours turned out great...I love that it was so personal!
Rene'