recent posts...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Paper Angel Wings

Months ago my dear friend lost her dad. I wanted to do something special for her. I feel homemade is always the way to go. It is so heartfelt. I could have ordered a wreath or flowers but this was more of a celebration of life and how much someone special is always with us. It came from my heart.

I thought the song "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Rogers and Hammerstein was also fitting for the message I wanted to give her.



 When you walk through a storm Keep your chin up high 
And don't be afraid of the dark. 
At he end of the storm Is a golden sky 
And the sweet silver song of a lark. 
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain, 
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on With hope in your heart 
And you'll never walk alone, You'll never walk alone.

I have done paper wreaths before. You can make any shape. The only problem is they are fragile.

This is my Bon Voyage wreath with map paper.


These paper Angel Wings would also be a good Christmas gift.

It took a long time to make but it was worth it!

I started with foam core, you could also use cardboard.
I drew some wings to my desired size for hanging on the wall.
I cut it out with an exacto knife and begin rolling up sheet music from an old hymnal.


This is what took so long. I placed each one along the wings before I hot glued them on to make sure I liked how it looked.

I added the song title to the center and wrote the lyrics on the back
I ruffled some brown paper to highlight and frame center.

Then hotglued a jute on the back of wings for hanging.


I loved the way it came out.

We all need angels watching over us....anytime of the year.

Let me know if you make one for a Christmas Gift and send me a picture!!



7 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Oh wow, this is just beautiful. Definitely something for your friend to treasure.

Divine Theatre said...

Very pretty. A gentle, kind and thoughtful friend you are!

xo

Andie

Okio B Designs said...

Stunning! And such a touching story behind them.

Jeanine

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks Jeanine! Love the wings. Would love to make one to keep.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Deneen,
This is so pretty and such a thoughtful gift for your friend.

hugs
Sissie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That is such a lovely way to pay tribute to your friend's father, Deneen. Your Bon Voyage wreath is fabulous too!

scrapfancy said...

The angel wings are so pretty and what a nice change from the wreaths. Thank you for sharing.