recent posts...

Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage Paper Ornament Tutorial

If you follow me on Facebook you saw that I ordered myself an early birthday present! This weekend it was delivered. I was so excited I couldn't wait to open it and start creating. This little product is genius!



Oh how I love doilies! This Martha Stewart circle edge punch is awesome. This is not a review. I purchased it after seeing it on Michele's blog. (The Scrap Shoppe)

I decided to make a beautiful vintage ornament with my first creation. Since my last couple of posts have been paper related I thought this would keep with the theme!


Don't you just love it!! With a little help from The Graphics Fairy and some German glass glitter this ornament came to life,

Heres how you do it

I purchased some Christmas scrapbook paper and began using my punch. By the way this is just one of the patterns.



Then I got two pages from an old hymnal and started to fold on a zig zag motion



I folded in half and measured where I wanted to cut by eyeing it in the inner circle.


I cut it ti fit and glued the fan to make a circle and glued the circle on the doily


I decided it needed some sparkle. I grabbed my Meyers German glass glitter and edged the music sheets.



See that sparkle! That is what you get when you use Glass!
Then I printed a vintage Santa from The Graphics Fairy, cut and trimmed with glitter.


Then I glued to the top of the folded music,


Because there are so many punched holes I used them to thread some red satin ribbon.


I threaded it through two holes so it hangs even and balanced, Then hung it!



I can see I will be using my new gift for years to come. I hope you like and will create some too!

Have an awesome week! So glad to hear your comments. As always thanks for following!


homework
Home Stories A2Z

7 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Gorgeous, Deneen!! I'm happy to see you already playing with the punches. I can't wait to see what else you make! :)

Connie said...

Your ornament is beautiful!!! I love Victorian Christmas decorations and you did a first rate job :)
Martha keeps coming up with new punches . . . her's are the best . . . built to last.
Thank you for sharing your project.
Connie :)

reFresh reStyle said...

I love it! I ordered some German glass glitter, now I need to get busy :)

Divine Theatre said...

Deneen,
That looks like an antique! Where are you going to put it?
So pretty!

xo

Andie

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I am going to need to get one of these punches! GORGEOUS Deneen! Love this vintage ornament.

sweet violets said...

Where can I purchase this??? I looked on the MS site and it is not shown.....thanks....

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Sweet Violets
I can't respond via email. You are set up as a no-reply. I purchased this from HSN.