There are so many things to do in NYC. You will never get bored. I tried to narrow down some things you would enjoy while you are there.
1. I think one of the best things to see are the magnificent stores that are covered in lights and decorations. The stores are literally wrapped in lights inside and out. It is like being in a winter wonderland.
2. While you are looking at the lights and displays, make sure you check out the store windows.There are numerous stores with animated Christmas windows and Christmas stories to tell. Some even have projected light shows on the front of the buildings. Saks, Macys and Barneys to name a few.
4. Go see a Broadway show! You will not be sorry you did. This is one of my favorite things to do there. If you don't mind waiting on a line. You can even get two for one tickets at the ticket kiosk in Times Square.
5. Visit The Plaza Hotel. You know, the hotel where Eloise roamed the halls.It is beautiful anytime of year but at Christmas it is so regal. If you can, make a reservation for tea and enjoy the dining room architecture.
Let the children visit the Eloise store and enjoy the mall downstairs.
6. Take in one of the beautiful museums New York City has to offer. There are museums for everyone's taste. You will learn so much and view things you have never experienced before.
|Museum of Art and Design|
8. Stand in the middle of Times Square and take in all the energy the city has to offer, View the New Year's Eve party spot and see the ball that will drop in just a few weeks.
9. The Rockettes at Radio City Music hall. Lets face it, any show that has last this long must be something to see. The Christmas show will fill your heart with Christmas cheer and the children will love seeing Santa!
10. By all means, don't forget to shop for Christmas. This is a shopping mecca with stores for every budget. The best designers are there to buy or even just get the chance to see close up. Tory Burch, Ralph Lauren and Jimmy Choo to mane a few. (Check out Madison Avenue) Also don't forget FAO Schwarz for toys and gifts. You can even play the piano from the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks.
11. Go to Macy's! I singled them out because they fit the Christmas theme. The store is like no other Macy's I have been in.It still has the original wooden escalator, which is a treat to see, It is decorated beyond any store with bubbles and lights. Santa is the best there and the children can write him a letter and mail it to the North Pole. The windows are grand. They even have a light show. From the Thanksgiving Day parade through Christmas, this "Miracle on 34th Street" encompasses the word "believe"!
12. Last but not least, St. Patrick's Cathedral. This church has the most beautiful architecture inside and out. If you attend one of the services, you will experience a calm and peace in your soul. Let us remember this is the Reason for the Season.
That is it. Yes there are still a lot more things to see and do. By all means if you get the chance do them. I have narrowed down my favorites. There is still The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, all the neighborhoods like Little Italy and the many great restaurants.
It is one of the greatest cities in the world. I am so blessed to get to enjoy it from time to time. So if you don't mind the hustle and bustle and occasional crowds....go enjoy it at Christmastime!