recent posts...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rhythm

Sometimes I can wake up and every ounce of me wants to be creative. It is at that point that I feel I can do my best. Painting for me begins with a mood and if I don't feel it well it just isn't going to happen. I guess it is like writer's block.

One of the many projects I have going on right now is creating a new space for all my projects. I have an office slash guestroom slash art room going on and I need to make it more cohesive. That project is going slowly. As I began to move things around, with the music playing in the background, I felt the need to paint. Needless to say, the room looks bad but I enjoyed the time creating my new piece. It is a 20x20 acrylic.


I have to admit, I used to hate Abstracts. Now I love them and I love incorporating them into a space that you wouldn't think it should belong. Mixing up different styles just makes things more interesting.
Abstract art is so cool. I love to see the many things that can be "read" into the painting. Seems like everyone sees and feels something different. That is what I love about art. Leave me a comment and let me know what you see.

No comments: