recent posts...

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

The day of love! I believe Valentine's Day is for everyone. Call me a hopeless romantic but that's what I believe. You don't have to have a partner to enjoy this day but you do have to have love in your heart. Sharing love is what is celebrated today.

I am very lucky to have love in my life. It starts out with the man I met 29 years ago and today happens to be his birthday. Happy Birthday Honey! Although we have had our ups and downs love kept us together. From the moment I saw him I was in love and it is that bond that has kept us together. I don't take it for granted. It takes work. But I love being able to hold his hand and know it is real.

My two children come next. My son was the first, a love that can never be explained. A love for a child is the deepest purest love of all. From the minute he was born he has been a light in my life. I had five years with him before his sister was born. He was amazing, smart, and funny....he still is!  We were together always. I didn't think I could ever love another. I was wrong.

Then came my little girl. Love of a mother and daughter. Her laugh and silliness that keeps "happy" lingering in a room. She is my sunshine that lights up a room, a star that shines brightly in my life. So many gifts! . A love that is so strong. Two children...so much love to share. How lucky am I? Will they ever know how much I love them?

It is amazing to me that God has given us the ability to feel so much love and I am so grateful for it. It doesn't stop there because I feel I have so many friends and family that have blessed my life with love also.

So on this Valentine's Day I celebrate all the love in my life! I hope it can be a celebration for you too. I leave you with this something special from my son that I have saved for over 20 years. Now this is LOVE!

and my favorite poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

No comments: