recent posts...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Snowy Meltaway Cookies

One of my traditions of Christmas is baking cookies. I usually try to bake twelve or thirteen different varieties. They later get put in trays to give as gifts. I have so many favorites but this one ranks as one of the best. When I was asked to participate in the Homemade Holiday Treat Blog Event, this was the cookie I wanted you all to see and try.

They are bite sized buttery goodness. They taste as good as they look! They are rich and melt in your mouth and they look pretty on a tray or plate too!



So, is your mouth watering yet?

Here are they ingredients you will need:


cookie
2 sticks butter softened
3/4 cup corn starch
1/3 cup powder sugar
1 cup flour

icing
6oz cream cheese
11/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
non perrels or sprinkles optional

Did you notice? NO eggs!

Combine the cookie ingredients together



I used my food processor but you could use a mixer.
Combine till mixture gathers to a ball


Pinch off dough and form a ball and place on cookie tray


This recipe yields 24 cookies. You can also double this.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes

Cool cookies completely. They will be very delicate.

Mix together icing ingredients. I used a bag and piped the icing but you can spread it on top with a knife also. The piping is neater.


This cookie doesn't need anything else, but to make it festive I added a little bit of non perrels.



Yummy! Enjoy!

Now Please go check out all the other wonderful desserts!
Just click on the desserts below!





9 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Yum! These cookies look delicious AND festive! And I spy a doily. ;)

Unknown said...

Bite sized buttery goodness says it all! YUM!!

Unknown said...

I am sooo going to make these, they look wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness. Your picture caught my attention. These look so good!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness. Your picture caught my attention. These look so good!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Deneen!

I LOVE these cookies! They look so fun and festive! Thank you so much for sharing and have the merriest of Christmases!

blessings,
karianne

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hi Sweetie....Popping in quickly to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!! Sorry I've been such a rotten blogger lately.... :o( Did a little catch-up reading....Happy Birthday Month!!! ;o) And, your last post about your daughter's kitty brought tears. I had something very similar happen to me when I was a child. Anyways....about these cookies. They look and sound irresistible!! I want to make them, but it likely won't be until AFTER the holidays....But, I read through the recipe...really 3/4 cup of corn starch??? Just wanted to double check that measure as I've never made anything with that much corn startch. Wow.... Anyways, thank you - and Happiest of holidays!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

srpprcrftr said...

Those cookies look so good and sound even yummier. I don't usually make recipes I find on blogs (too lazy) but I've got to make these. Now I have recipe for frosting for cakes also. Tired of being robbed for a small can of frosting at grocery store, it costs more than cake mix. So glad you shared this recipe, can hardly wait to make them.
Happy New year

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I promise you will love these! They are so delicious. A delicate buttery cookie. Let me know how the come!