recent posts...

Monday, September 16, 2013

Beautiful Dresser

I was thinking the other day about my childhood. 

I shared my bedroom with my sister growing up. 

That led to homemade forts, pillow fights and sometimes fist fights!

For the most part, we always had fun because "in those days" we had to come up with ways to entertain each other. 


The biggest thing I can remember is listening to Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown!

It was something we looked forward to doing because we would grab our "perfume bottle microphones" and sing all the tunes. Sometimes we would act them out. Then we would guess the number one song.

We had two dressers in our room. I had the three drawer dresser with mirror and she had the highboy.

Our jewelry box and dolls sat on top. (so did the "microphones")


That got me thinking of those dressers. My sister still has them. They are french provincial. 

I think that is why I love old dressers. They were an important part of our room!
You see they were my moms dressers and they were handed down to her and then she handed them to my sister. 

But those dressers were from a simpler time in my life. A time of trundle beds and barbie dolls.


Tickling each others back and telling scary bedtime stories.

and though we didn't have a lot 

we had a fortune!



We share a bond and love that can never be broken.


As I completed painting this beauty
( yes it matched the two toned vanity I redid and couldn't bare painting )

that was the memory that came to mind.
(yes I painted the whole thing this time)

I wanted to share it with you!

Thanks for being here!!

If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...linking to
Muss Mustard Seed
French Country Cottage
Finding Silver Pennies

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful! love the two toned look!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Your dresser is gorgeous and your post was fun to read! I always had to share a room with my older sister and we have some of the same memories...except we sang into her big pink hair rollers!

Irene Helms Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the two tone effect. And how nice to have something like this to cherish from your childhood!
Irene

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Great memories of your sister! I almost ALWAYS shared a room with one or two (we had 7 kids) so it all sounds so familiar! Gorgeous dresser! I love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

How fun that you still have that furniture with so many memories! Lucky you and it looks wonderful now. Great job.

Bliss said...

Beautiful dresser is right!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Loved this post, Deneen! The dresser is beautiful and special.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous Deneen! I loved reading the story of you and your sister. Would love you to share this, this Sunday on Silver Pennies Sundays!

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing this at Silver Pennies. I love how it came out and loved reading the story. x