recent posts...

Friday, September 6, 2013

Inexpensive Wall Decor

So you know about the living room. 

Dark and dreary.

And I showed you the new wall.

Now I will show you the tips and tricks and fun ways to do inexpensive wall decor.




Ok lets look a little closer

I showed you how I did the Chandelier.



Other fun things were..... the thrift store picture that I only wanted this frame for. But it was empty!
At Haven, Ballard Designs gave out these awesome butterfly push pins. I just stuck it in the wall.
What better way to display a butterfly?


and then there were the canvas mounted on the old shutter doors
I was in Hobby Lobby and found this awesome fabric. I like mixing vintage and contemporary together. 


I wanted to add some gold to the canvas to compliment the vintage mirrors I bought from a thrift store.

I cut the fabric and upholstered to the canvas with staples.

easy peasy


But the gold ......how to add the gold?

I just wired an old piece of hardware I had to the center of the canvas. I didn't even care that the wire was visible.


I continued to add old pieces of spindles that I had. This became the backdrop for the TV and covered a blank wall with texture.



On the table to the left I already changed things up. I added books to give the meter some lift and color. Books are a great thing to decorate with. I looked for the color I needed and added it to the space.

I put twigs in a wicker vase and some dried coral flowers for color. I added my favorite garage sale find of an old electric meter to the table.
 I found this cool wicker basket a TJ Maxx that has a bee on it that matches the clock I made.  You can see a little of it in the mirror!



All little fixes that give interest to a dark boring space!!

Hope you got you brain working on ideas for you home. Sometimes its the easy things that give the biggest result.

Thanks for stopping by and reading! So glad to have you here!


If you would like to keep up with Dreaming in Color
enter your email address to get posts in your inbox!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a bright and happy space! love it!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

it's the small things that really add interest for sure.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Deneen,
You are such a clever and creative girl. Love all of your ideas and your room looks great. Love the chandelier.

hugs
Sissie

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Glad to see this! I had forgotten that I wanted to try one of those fabric covered canvases! It's all so lovely Deneen! Nice job! Come do mine!