recent posts...

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Eggs and Birds

First of all I want to thank all of you for putting me over the 200 mark. Yippee!

To recap my journey I would have to say that I have been pretty busy the last couple of months doing project of all kinds and learning soooo much. I have met wonderful friends and been featured 14 times for various project. Thank you, Thank you! I have received so many wonderful comments from all of you and I am so appreciative of that. I never knew blogging could be so much fun!

I will be doing a giveaway next week. I think you will like what I will have for you to win!



I can't believe Easter is next weekend! I still have baskets to do! Yes I still do them for my grown children and yes they still love them! Of course its more like a mini Christmas with all the presents in a basket. I have to pick up my daughter from college next week and then have a short weekend with her and my son.
I am still decorating too. I guess you can never have too many spring decorations to brighten up the house.
Yesterday I made some decoupaged eggs and a Jiffy Pot basket. I also decoupaged the $1 bird from the basket at Michaels. He got a much needed makeover! A couple of small projects to add around the house.





I used a napkin and Mod Podged it to the egg.





I like the way it looks old.








I made more to have some different.




This is the Michaels Bird. It had newspaper print and I thought scrapbook paper would be prettier so I Mod Podged the little guy! The Bird with the crown is from Michaels too and the silver pedestal bowl from Goodwill 2.99. After seeing the picture I wanted the bird with the crown in the bowl and moved the other one to a planter.....much better!





He looks more regal there!




""/>






Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Check back here soon for the giveaway!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Love these little Easter projects! The bird came out so adorable too. Always nice to visit your blog. Have a great weekend.
www.skylarkmanor.com

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE the napkin mod podge!!!
Love all your crafts.

She Uses Her Words said...

What cute little Easter creations! And I love your sign as well as your blog. I am now a follower.
xo, Karen

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Very clever using the napkin. The egg came out so cute.

Dee

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love the decoupaged egg and bird. All of your decorations are lovely.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty!

Congratulations on your followers, I'm almost to 200 as well! Yay!

Katherine