recent posts...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Outdoor Chandelier

 Ticket sign sale going on HERE!







After yesterdays storms all over Tennessee I thought my project would be on the way to Oz right now.
We had hail and high winds, even tornadoes touching down everywhere. I was in the closet (my safe place) with my dog (who has very bad breathe) and a helmet (just in case). The whole time I was thinking, "Please don't let the chandelier blow away or worse yet fall on the glass table below." I know sad right?

I have been wanting to do this project for a long time and finally got the chance to do it this weekend.

I started with an old brass chandelier. One nobody wanted and a trusty can of spray paint! I gutted the wires and began to paint it in a pistachio color.





Notice the cups are off of it. I am painting them separately and then I will glue them on.




You can see them on the left.


When dry I used Gorilla Glue to secure cups in place.


These will be my candle holders.




When finished I hung it from the tree outside. It needed a little bling so I bought some beads and strung them to hang like little crystals. I added a beaded Christmas ornament to the bottom.




I love the way it came out! A recycled kitchen light turned outside chandelier! It really looks adorable hanging in the tree and I can see it when I sit in my sun room!

And no witches with black and white stockings were harmed! lol

Now I have to work on the table under it!

handmade projects
One Month To Win It





tp://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com">
Beyond The Picket Fence
Three Or More  - Tuesday 


PhotobucketDomestically Speaking

33 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

that turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm in Knoxville and we had some pretty wild weather here yesterday and last night as well....love your chandelier :):)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The chandelier looks great...love the color!!! Great job!!! Glad you made it safely through the storms!

Wanda Metcalf said...

Oh you just gave me a great idea for a bird feeder!! I love this idea. I know just the spot I would hang one.

Have a great day =0)

Lori E said...

I wish I had a spot to hang one but all my trees are too far away from my house.
I love the color you chose and the bling is a great touch. I would like to see a night time photo too.

Dawn said...

Very cute, love the color. I'm sure you will enjoy it:)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Okay, I've walked by WAY too many of these in the thrift stores! Beautiful choice of color! Did you use a special spray paint to stand up to the weather and adhere to the metal?

Unknown said...

Wow, that turned out so beautiful! What a creative idea! Thanks for the kind words on my blog! I'm YOUR newest follower!
http://ladycreate-a-lot.blogspot.com/

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Totally awesome! I need a new Chandy for outside.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love this and I have the same exact chandy that I have painted over and over and over! You'll love it! Mine is currently hanging in my front yard and has bird nests on it instead of candles.
Enjoy!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Daneen, I love this idea! I have been looking around for a chandelier for our front porch. It never occurred to me to just paint one! Thanks so much for this idea and I hope you enjoy yours. (I know what you mean about doggy breath!)

deborah said...

{adorable}
love your chandelier and your blog!
blessings
deborah

Bonnie K said...

I love it! The green and the beads really make it! Glad you made it through the storms.

Tammy @ Type A said...

i love it!!! i want one of these! i know what i'm gonna search for on craigslist! thanks for sharing this at my party!

Pamela said...

This turned out so great! Now to find a chandy and fix it up. Love it.

LOTCP said...

I found your post through Domestically Speaking. LOVE the chandelier :-)

Janelle said...

very charming!

Sunni said...

Love this! I've been needing a chandelier for my porch. Hmmmmmm. . .

http://sunnissideoflife.blogspot.com/

Life in Rehab said...

I did a project with almost the exact same chandelier this week! That turned out very cool, and I love the color.

amber @ barbwired said...

Great job! I just bought a pineapple chandy yesterday... hmmm you got me thinking!

Amber @ barbwired

Unknown said...

This is great! I did one about a week ago in white and pink and love it. And it only cost me like $2. I love fab on the cheap!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just love the chandelier outside. Also the color is great

I have had one hanging in my tree for about 4 years now with long prisms

I found you on Betond The Pickett Fence

Janice

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

An outdoor chandi, how fun! Thanks so much to linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

Lori McGrogan said...

that is awesome. Looks so fabulous!

Tammy @ Type A said...

i featured you this week!!!

Shabby Allie's Boutique said...

I love this....Just had my hand on a chandelier this morning that I placed in the hallway to take to the basement...Maybe I should get it back out...Great Job...Looks Fabulous...

Stephanie said...

What a fun idea! Good luck with OMTWI!

AmyH said...

Very Clever! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

Angie Holden said...

Gorgeousness!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!!

Unknown said...

Love how this turned out! We have a huge oak that is begging for a chandalier just like this! Thanks for sharing! Saw you over at the American Crafter auditions! Best of luck to you!

carrie said...

It looks great I found one last year at a church yard sale for $5. We sprayed ours black and used it for my daughters wedding under our birch tree chuppa(sp) it was beautiful and made such a statement for hardly any money. Now she enjoys it in her backyard.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Hi! I just featured this on my site. Sorry I don't have a 'featured' button yet -- still working on it but I wanted to let you know anyway! http://mywonderfullymade.blogspot.com/2011/06/outdoor-lighting-fun.html

beachcomber said...

LOVE IT!!! i'd love one like this!
cheryl x

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Oh I love it!! I just found this on My Wonderfully Made. I just finished a redo myself here on a chandy http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-shabby-chandy-unplugged.html
Love yours and the color pops. Maybe I need to add some bling to mine too.