recent posts...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Jewelry Box Vanity

 I have painted a few vanities before. This was my last one. I also turned a vanity into a desk when my husband accidentally broke the mirror that latter become a clock. Then there was my little niece's vanity that was given to me to redo and sell by my sweet sis. BUT I never quite saw one like this one.

This piece of furniture got me excited. I had never seen one of these. I love finding different pieces. This little gem sat in my sun room awhile till a client asked if I had a vanity. I love when I have someone ask for a piece that I happen to have.

When she found out that this was a special piece, she wanted to get it. She bought it for her daughter and wanted it to go in her room but also be able to go anywhere as she grew. We decided on Annie Sloan's Paris Grey

I slightly distressed it and dry brushed white over the finish. I painted the trim in solid white.

Now why was this so special? I was a jewelry box! A vanity and a jewelry, what a great combination!

This piece can definitely grow with her daughter!


It also had a stool that she was going to cover herself to match her daughter's room.

I love the oval mirror too!

This is the before


This is the after


So I ask you, have you seen one of these before?
Furniture Feature Fridays

3 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I have never seen one quite like this one and it is adorable. It's amazing what some pretty white paint can do.

hugs
Sissie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I've never seen one of these before, really a great piece of furniture! What a lucky little girl!

srpprcrftr said...

Don't think I've ever seen one like this either. Whomever made it thought of many uses implementing them in a great way.
Aren't you the lucky one to find it and keep it until somebody wanted it. Great redo, can grow with the daughter of buyer for many years. A match made in heaven.